Members include chairs and leaders appointed by annual church Charge Conference, plus any additional members as elected.
1. Plan, implement, and evaluate current and future programs of PCUMC to align with our Mission/Vision/Purpose of KNOW, GROW, and GO.
2. Provide an administrative infrastructure.
3. Function as church’s ongoing administrative agency in issues requiring leadership for the church conference per United Methodist Church Discipline.
Elected by the church Charge Conference.
1. Serving in partnership with the pastor and staff to plan, implement, and evaluate current and future programs of PCUMC.
2. Serves as a connection between committees.
3. Serves the congregation, and intercedes on the congregation’s behalf with all the local church’s mission and ministry teams.
Elected by the church Charge Conference to identify, perfect, and manage the financial system of the congregation. The financial system is the process of raising, managing, and dispersing the finances so that the mission and vision of the congregation can be achieved.
Committee Membership: Chair; Pastor(s);Lay member of annual conference; Chair of Leadership Council; Chair or representative of Staff Parish Relations; Representative of Trustees; Chair of Stewardship Committee; Treasurer, Financial Secretary, Lay Leader; and Others elected by the church conference
1. Provide financial direction
2. Provide the program and operating budget
3. Provide financial communications
4. Provide for financial reports and substantiation
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Elected by the church Charge Conference to supervise and maintain all property, equipment, and investments belonging to PCUMC and to support the vision and mission of this congregation.
1. Oversee, maintain, and supervise all local church property and equipment.
2. Report annually to the Florida Conference on the state of the church’s property, equipment, investments, and resources.
3. Receive and administer all monetary gifts made to the congregation.
4. Make certain that all trust funds of the congregation are invested properly.
5. Ensure that the articles of incorporation of the congregation are kept up-to-date.
6. Be responsible, in conjunction with the church staff, for all use of the church buildings and grounds.
7. Maintain adequate insurance coverage on all church property and develop appropriate risk-management policies.
8. Submit to the committee on finance annual budget requests for insurance, property maintenance, improvements, and new property purchases.
9. Be accountable to the church conference and to the Leadership Council of the church.
STAFF-PARISH RELATIONS COMMITTEE
Elected by the church Charge Conference to function as a human resources committee for the church. The primary responsibility of this committee is to advocate for the church staff so that the mission of the church is realized.
1. Explain the nature and function of ministry to the staff and the congregation.
2. Confer with the congregation and the staff/pastor about ministry direction.
3. Assess the ministry of the congregation and the staff/pastor at least annually.
4. Confer and consult with the district superintendent in regards to pastoral appointments and the church’s ministry and direction.
5. Support lifelong learning (continuing education) for all staff.
6. Identify and support individuals from the congregation whom God seems to be calling to ordained ministry.
7. Address necessary staff changes in the area of hiring and firing.
Elected by the church Charge Conference to represent the ongoing connection between the activities of the church’s men and the ministries of the church.
The ministry of men in the local church is defined as a core group of men, partnering with PCUMC’s
1. Invite and initiate spiritual growth opportunities for all men of the church.
2. Assist other ministries of the church with support through labor and assets.
2. Focus is not inward, concentrating only on those who attend a set meeting, but outward to all men, assisting them to engage in the process of spiritual growth.
Elected by the church Charge Conference to represent the ongoing connection between the activities of the church’s women and the ministries of the church.
Assist in the formation of a community of women whose purposes are:
1. To know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ.
2. To develop a creative supportive fellowship.
3. To expand concepts of Salty Service through participation in PCUMC’s ongoing mission partnerships.
CWM MINISTRY REPRESENTATIVE
PORT MINISTRY REPRESENTATIVE